Our school is in the process of revisiting our Mission & Vision. Be on the look out for your chance to participate!
General Learner Outcomes (GLOs)
To support our Mission of providing "a positive learning environment that meets the unique needs of adolescents and their supporters", WIS has adopted the General Learner Outcomes (GLOs) as its schoolwide learner outcomes. The GLOs serve as the essential overarching goals for all grade levels, and all of the academic disciplines. Every content standard and every benchmark should support the learner's progress towards these outcomes because they enable learners to lead full and productive lives.
These General Learner Outcomes do not exist in isolation, but should be an integral part of the school culture as demonstrated in daily classroom instruction and assessment. They are:
- Self-directed Learner (The ability to be responsible for one's own learning)
- Community Contributor (The understanding that it is essential for human beings to work together)
- Complex Thinker (The ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving)
- Effective Communicator (The ability to communicate effectively)
- Effective and Ethical User of Technology (The ability to use a variety of technologies effectively and ethically)
- Quality Producer (The ability to recognize and produce quality performance and quality products)